Monday, September 29, 2014

Amigurumi Fruit Cake Tissue Box Cover and Ice Dragon

When I first learned how to crochet several years ago, the very first things I made were amigurumis. Basically, amigurumi is a Japanese art of crocheting or knitting little cute animals. It has expanded to include desserts and anything that can be given a face. My first crochet project was making an amigurumi bear. I was so happy! Because it didn't look like a zombie frankenstein bear!

Now a days, I crochet even more advance things. Things that require counting stitches the whole time. But I always think its worth it, because a very beautiful project gets completed.


One of my very first big projects was this fruit cake tissue box cover. It looks like a fruit cake, but it is actually a tissue box cover. I super love it, because I dislike seeing plain tissue boxes around my home. This turns the tissue box into a home decor! =]




This cake tissue box cover took 2 whole days to make. I sat there crocheting all day. I enjoyed it though, because I was able to watch all my drama, and TV episodes while crafting!

I love all the fruit toppings on top! 

An easier project I made was this Ice Dragon. He is just sooo cute!


He actually stands up on his own. So he can be used as a computer desk decoration or home decor. I just love the look on his face. His tail is the key factor in holding him up. He is stuffed with poly fiber fill, making his soft and squishy. This Ice Dragon Amigurumi toy is also cute as a photo prop! Change his color, and he can be a fire dragon!



No comments:

Post a Comment